Mai Chau is a popular destination in Vietnam, we will still give you the chance to visit the main tourist sight but stay overnight in a more rural village (Buoc Village). You will go on a trek to visit other villages where you may be the only tourist in the whole area.
>>Hang En Cave Adventure Junge Camp 2 days
- Enjoy the beautiful scenery of Thung Khe Pass - One of the 10 most beautiful passes in Vietnam
- Join trekking with local guide to visit the beautiful surrounding villages with non-tourist path and rice terraces
- Visit the handcraft village to learn about weaving in traditional way and support them by buying their local products
Day 1: Hanoi - Mai Chau - Buoc village (L/D) 180km
- 07:45 – 08:15 = Pick-up at Hotel in Hanoi Old Quarter.
- 10:00 = Short break in Luong Son (Outside of Hanoi).
- 11:45 = Visit local market of the Muong Ethnic Minority to learn about their daily life and customs; enjoy the beautiful scenery of Thung Khe Pass (One of the 10 most beautiful passes in Vietnam).
- 12:30 = Arrive in Mai Chau Valley for lunch. (Vegetarian is available).
- 13:30 – 15:30 = Visit the real local Thai traditional Stilt House before cycling to visit villages of the Thai Ethnic Minority and learn about their daily life and culture. Stop by the handcraft village to learn about weaving in traditional way and support them by buying their local products.
- 16:00 = Board the van to go to Hidden Buoc Village (20km away from main tourist Lac Village). Buoc-village is a small village of Thai-people (an ethnic group came from southern ofChina) with very pure landscape. As you can see on the above map, this area is placed by only green color and a lot of mountains. Because of this natural condition, Thai people here rely mainly on agriculture. In the past, the village was located adjacent to streams and people in the village used water of the stream for gardening.
- 17:00 – 19:00 = Check-in to your Lodge – Free time for swimming in the pool, cycling or walking around the village.
- 19:00 = Dinner at the Lodge and free time.
Thung Khe Pass
Day 2: Morning fun excursion (B/L)
- 07:30 – 08:30 = Breakfast at the Lodge.
- 08:30 – 12:00 = Trekking with local guide to visit the beautiful surrounding villages visiting non-tourist path and rice terraces. (Distance trek about 7.5km).
- 12:30 = Check-out and have lunch.
- 14:00 = Board the van to go back to Mai Chau; transfer back to Hanoi by bus.
- 19:30 = Arrive in Hanoi Old Quarter and drop you off at your Hotel.
- Entrance fees
- A/C Transportations
- Fun activities, bicycles
- All your accommodation
- Friendly and passionate local guides
- Meals mentioned in the tour itinerary
Homestay in Mai Chau
What's Not Included
- Travel Insurance
- Personal Expenses
For more information about Vietnam tours, please visit our website. Have a nice trip!